Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's been awhile!

I don't know where the time has gone! So much has happened in the past year. Last August we decided to try out the foreign exchange program. We hosted a sweet girl from Brazil, Adriana, who became a big part of our family. She was only 16, and celebrated her 17th birthday with us in January. In October we took her to Gatlinburg, TN for a week vacation in the smokey mountains. We hiked, enjoyed Dollywood and enjoyed a show. We also had Curt's mom, Birdie stay with us on a couple of occasions the last being right before Christmas till February of this year. At Christmas we had a nice time, I even bought a new ornament with Adriana as part of our new family! We went on a cruise in January with all the kids and Birdie. It was a lot of fun, but too cold to swim in the ocean in January, even in the Bahamas! I have many pictures posted on my facebook link if you would like to see them. Emily turned 18 this year and graduated from high school in June. My mother and John came for Memorial weekend and celebrated Olivia's birthday and were here for Emily's graduation. Also, my cousins Mario & Deedra and their family came from Kansas to spend the holiday weekend with us! It was a nice visit! We did not go camping at all this year but spent 4th of July holiday in Orlando. We went the Wednesday before so I could be with Hilarie as she went through labor to have her second child, another daughter, Payton Erin Adams. I was there as she entered the world on June 30, 2011. I also have an album with pictures of this event and more pictures of her as time has passed. It was a blessed day! Curt and the little girls spent the day at Universal while I was at the hospital. We spent the rest of the weekend going to Disney and Universal and hanging out at the resort.
School once again started in August, Olivia in 2nd and Hannah in 4th. Olivia is in Mrs. DiGregorio's class, Hannah is in Mrs. Meek's and Ms. Vogel's class. Sophia has moved in with us at this time and is going to Otis Mason as well. She is in Kindergarten! Her teacher is Mrs. Bazler.
We spent the Labor day weekend in Orlando and the Wydham Bonnet Creek resort that Mrs. Maggione gave us a gift. We went to Disney and Universal and enjoyed the resort. We took Sophis with us and then she spent the weekend with her parents. We got to see Payton again!
The week of Labor Day, Hilarie and Payton, moved back to our house. She is going to stay with us for a while so she can go back to school. She is hoping to get her own apartment in February or March. She is going to cosmetology school now. She started on November 1st and will continue for a one year program. This semester she is learning how to do nails and makeup I think.
Curt and I took a week vacation at the end of September, right before his birthday, to Gatlinburg, TN again. We stayed in a timeshare right off the main road, Gatlinburg Town Square. It was nice. We hiked in the mountains, went to the Hatfield and McCoy show, which was hilarious. We also watched the Comedy Barn show. Curt really enjoyed that one too. It was great to reconnect with each other after a busy summer.
Halloween has come and went. Hannah and Emily dressed as nerds, Olivia was a mexican....lol! She actually wore my old fiesta dress from way back when, complete with sombrero! Sophia dressed as Belle, from Beauty & the Beast, and Payton was a FSU cheerleader. Again, more pictures are posted on my facebook page.
Thanksgiving is fast approaching! I am going to have dinner with my family here at the house. All the kids will be here with us! My parents will also be joining us. I'm not sure yet what Christmas will bring but I'm sure it will be great!
Till my next update! See you soon!

0 comments: